Throughout the month of May we’ll be updating this list of events and resources. If you are planning an event you’d like to be featured here, please let us know at [email protected]
Month-long campaigns and resources
- Aliento’s Uplift campaign provides everyday mental health tips and short exercises you can complete at home, as well as social media graphics, videos, and community resources on mental health. The campaign and its resources are available in both English and Spanish.
- Mental Health America launched a new Mental Health Month 2023 Toolkit inclusive of free, practical resources to support positive mental health and well-being.
- The Jed Foundation is focused on encouraging connection this month. Browse curated resources and ideas for taking action.
- Wondermind, the world’s first mental fitness ecosystem co-founded by Selena Gomez, is introducing a new podcast this month, Baggage Drop. With new episodes every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, tune in for expert tips “designed to help you ditch whatever’s holding you back.”
- May 13th: Safe Space Saturday (Queens, NY): A curated space for Black girls and women to connect with licensed mental health providers in a comfortable wellness retreat environment. Each Safe Space Saturday includes an in-person wellness experience, a SHE’s Mentally Prepared mental health literacy workshop, a curated wellness box, and a gift card. This program is part of our SHE's Mentally Prepared program which is generously sponsored by the Kate Spade Foundation. You can register using this link.
- May 16th and 17th, 4 pm PDT/7 pm EDT: Revelations: Uncovering Truths about the State of Mental Health for Youth of Color. Featuring mental health advocates, celebs, influencers, and youth. Join for a discussion about research conducted by AAKOMA and the “why” behind the current emergent mental health state and solutions to betterment. Register here.
- May 17th, 8:30-10:30 am EDT (Columbia, MD): Mental Health Symposium hosted by Upswing grantee partner, Lead4Life. Learn how Maryland’s new cannabis legislation will impact employers and those with mental health challenges. Register here.
- May 18th (all-day, virtual): Mental Health Action Day. This marks Upswing’s third year as a Mental Health Action Day partner. We’re proud to stand with 1,750 partners around the world who have committed to shift mental health culture from awareness to action. This year’s call to action is: One hour for yourself, your loved ones, or your community. Join us as a Mental Health Action Day partner here.
- May 18th, 9-10 am PDT (Los Angeles, CA): Mental Health Panel facilitated by Rainbow Labs.
- May 18th, 5-8 pm EDT (Southwest Atlanta, GA): Day of Play, hosted by Black Girls Smile (BGS) and MTV, centers physical activity in promoting the holistic mental health of Black girls and women ages 13-23 years old. Join for activities like yoga, double dutch, and obstacle courses in the BGS venue space.
- May 20th, 12-7 pm EDT (New York, NY): Sound Mind Music Festival . Featuring Iron & Wine, Hiss Golden Messenger, Langhorne Slim, Kamauu, and Pom Pom Squad, this festival brings together musicians and music lovers to raise mental health awareness and inspire action through the power of music.
- May 31st (New York, NY & live-stream): Girls Write Now On the Other Side of Everything: 2023 Anthology. Join the Girls Write Now team for an official release party to celebrate the Class of 2023, listen to a selection of performances, and come together in community to witness the power of stories to change minds. Learn more and register here.
Return to News